Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to store my 67 Fastback outside for a few weeks while I get the garage ready for the restoration. I was thinking I would park it just outside the garage with a car cover on it. I don't want any critters to be making it home and I don't want to get too much water in it. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Y'know, cars are meant to be outdoors sometimes. Mine's pretty much been outside since July of 1968... :)

Unless you have some sort of particularly nasty car-invading critters in your area, outdoors on concrete with a cover should keep it clean and empty of tenants.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Your plan sounds good. Perhaps you have somewhere where you can park it in the shade with a cover over it. That way it won't get a lot of sun that is hard on certain items. Yes I would keep it covered most of the time. I would assume that you will be nearby and can keep the critters out. If you don't have anything solid to park it on perhaps you can park it on a tarp to keep the moisture from coming up from underneath.

It won't hurt to take the cover off on nice days to air it out.

I hope this helps make you feel better about it.

Yes cars were made to sit out some but necessarily when they are 30 to 40 years old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts