Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the best weatherstripping for a concours restoration? I have several door and deck lid weather stripping obtained from Daniel Carpenter and they look good.
I noticed that the deck lid weather strip profile of the Daniel Carpenter seal does not match the original that I removed from the deck lid or what's shown in my 1967 body assembly manual. Therefore, I thought I'd ask if anyone could mention what they used and whether or not it matched their original seals.

Since the deck lid weather seal has to be glued down to the paint, I really want to use the absolute best weather seal I can obtain. Can anyone offer suggestions or comments from their experience?

Thanks!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I am beginning to suspect that the 1967 body assembly manual incorrectly uses the C5ZZ deck lid weatherstrip as an illustration. I think the C7ZZ weatherstrip, which is trapezoidal in shape, is correct.

So, which way does the C7ZZ deck lid weatherstip install? With the narrow or wide portion of the seal towards the deck lid. In other words, does the narrow or wide side of the seal get glued to the deck lid?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone out there own a 67 with the original deck lid seal still installed? I really need a picture to answer these two questions:
(1) Which seal is correct for 67, the trapezoidal C7ZZ seal or the "slit" C5ZZ seal? (pictures above)
(2) If the trapezoidal seal is correct, which side is supposed to be glued down the the deck lid, the narrow or wide edge?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts