Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had better luck today fixing all those problems. I managed to get the Hella driving lights working perfectly after replacing the provided relay with a different unit I picked up at Autozone. Then I tackled the leaking tranny pan drain using a rubber washer and teflon tape. Managed to salvage 2 quarts of the fluid by holding the empty bottles under it.

Then I went back after the brakes. I'm now convinced that the rear port is for the front brakes (after looking at the diagram on the Wilwood site again). The spacing from the center of the reservoir to the center of the rear port is longer than the front, allowing the 69% / 31% proportioning. So I disconnected the lines and started making new ones... well then my 3/16" double flare fitting bent so I'm gonna have to tackle this later in the week. But I'm getting there. 2 for 3 today is not too bad I guess.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT
Please bring back last post to top!

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Wow, glad you've solved the driving light problem, electrical stuff always baffles me and I'm suppose to be an EE. Too bad about your flaring tool. Is that common to bend the flaring tool? Maybe I better stock up, one of these days I plan on doing my brakes but I need to practice, I can't get an even flare made.

Good luck in future progress,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flair fitting always bends and breaks for the 3/16" lines. I'm amazed the thing lasted as long as it has. I just ordered 5 new 3/16" fittings from the Eastwood Co. They are 'only' $2.99 each.

Flairing is an art. You gotta practice a lot before doing a final flair. One thing I have learned is that you need to leave a little more pipe above the clamping mechanism than the instructions say... it gives a better flair over on the second step.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT
Please bring back last post to top!

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Ohhhhh. I'm surprised I haven't busted one yet in my fumblings. I bought the kit from Eastwood so I glad I can get replacements. And thanks too for posting the tip about mounting the flaring too in a vise. After I order some replacements I'll have to try some more.

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts