Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this email, forwarded it to [email protected] wonder who is after my info? someone wants to steal it so they can sell someone elses car?
Reply-To : "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent : Tuesday, July 13, 2004 2:04 AM
To : [email protected]
CC : [email protected]
Subject : Account Suspension Notice (#KMMZDB9NE8H39)

| | | Inbox

Dear valued eBay member,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures, we were unable to verify your account information. This might be due to either one of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address)
2. Submitting invalid information during the initial sign up process.
3. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.

As a preventative measure Ebay will temporarily suspend your account and its features. In order to avoid your account suspension please submit your updated information by using the form bellow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Account Activation Form

Use this secure form to update your account registration. The transmitted account information is protected by the industry standard SSL encryption

Registration Information Verification
User ID
Full Name
First Name
M.I.
Last Name

Company
Address
City
State Select State ------------ NOT APPLICABLE ---------- ALABAMA ALASKA ARIZONA ARKANSAS CALIFORNIA COLORADO CONNECTICUT DELAWARE WASHINGTON, DC FLORIDA GEORGIA HAWAII IDAHO ILLINOIS INDIANA IOWA KANSAS KENTUCKY LOUISIANA MAINE MARYLAND MASSACHUSETTS MICHIGAN MINNESOTA MISSISSIPPI MISSOURI MONTANA NEBRASKA NEVADA NEW HAMPSHIRE NEW JERSEY NEW MEXICO NEW YORK NORTH CAROLINA NORTH DAKOTA OHIO OKLAHOMA OREGON PENNSYLVANIA RHODE ISLAND SOUTH CAROLINA SOUTH DAKOTA TENNESSEE TEXAS UTAH VERMONT VIRGINIA WASHINGTON WEST VIRGINIA WISCONSIN WYOMING ALBERTA BRITISH COLUMBIA MANITOBA NEW BRUNSWICK NEWFOUNDLAND NORTHWEST TERR. NOVA SCOTIA ONTARIO PRINCE EDWARD IS. QUEBEC SASKATCHEWAN YUKON NOT APPLICABLE
Zip Code -
Country United States

Primary phone # () -
for example, (415) 555-0304

Credit Card /Debit Card Information Verification
Credit card /Debit card Number Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard , American Express, Discover;
Debit Card: Visa, MasterCard

Expiration Date Month: -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Day: -- 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Year: -- 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021
Leave day as --, if day on credit/debit card is not listed

CVV2 Number
3 or 4 digit code at the back of your card; next to signature
Card PIN Number
Please enter your billing details as it appears on your credit card bill statement:
Name on Card
Billing Zip Code -

Identity Verification
Social Security Number --
Mother's Maiden Name

·
Registered
69 Posts
...someone wants to steal it so they can sell someone elses car?
That, or rob YOU blind! ;)

Think how many little old ladies who sell their Hummels on fleabay actually respond to these things.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I recieved the same e-mail. But I deleted it without opening it up. Keep us posted on what they say.

Ductman

·
Registered
710 Posts
I got it too--I didn't open it and I've directed all who use my computer--It's getting scary--But someone will answer and get screwed

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Now I know why I don't have a paypal account or and Ebay account..who needs the headache..if I want to sell something..I would do it here among people I trust

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Definitely a ripper. Don't respond to it or open it. Ebay will never ask for credit card info. The things come to me all the time. Have been for over a year, and, doggone, my account still isn't suspended (duh). Even though they look official with the ebay logo, it's still a scam wanting credit card info. You'll also see it on Paypal, USBank, and a lot of other places. Just simply delete it and don't respond to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts