Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone knows how to contact Scott Morgan, [email protected], please let me know. I've sent my money order, he's cashed it on 8/15/02 and I still haven't received my part!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He won't even respond to my emails

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
settle down, it's only been a week! if you haven't received it in a couple more weeks you should be concerned

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
True Charles - a week is a bit too soon. He could be on a business trip, vacation, etc...

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Dude......I'm a seriously impatient type......I can relate...but you have to give the guy some time

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Not to mention that UPS & USPS has been known to mis-direct (accidentally) a package now & then! Yeah, give it 10-14 days.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If your sooooo upset about this guy stiffing you- enuff to warn your fellow VMFers and trashing him-what part did you get pay for and not receive and his VMF call-name? This info might help

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think Bob needs to make a new rule around here. You are no longer allowed to lodge complaints or talk s!!t about anyone on VMF UNTIL YOU REACH Enthusiast level. Kinda tired of seeing people with 2 posts flaming people. Just my opinion. LOL

·
Registered
847 Posts
I agree too he could respoude to e- mail or told you he would be late.

chris

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
hey, and while we are it flaming people, I want to personally flame CHARLES TURNER for IMing me several times in the past couple of weeks on some hot items on , two of which resulted in me immediately jumping on the "buy-it-now" price. Charles particularly knows of my weakness and preys on my addiction to Mustang parts and cars. I guess you could say I am the junkie and is my "pusher".....

*G*

randy

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Unlax guy, I've been waiting for a tail panel and honeycomb panel for about 2 weeks now, so far UPS shipped them to New Hampshire and tried to deliver them, They returned them to Florida and now tracking shows they were unloaded in Jacksonville yesterday morning a 8:am and have not been sent forward yet.
When it gets this kind of late then you start to worry...

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I can understand your frustration. It would be better for him to have at least answered email by now. If he had time to cash the m.o., he should have had time to update you.

I make it a point to ship sold items withing 24 hours of receipt of payment. I immediately notify the buyer of UPS tracking # so he can follow it's progress.

You obviuosly have his name and address. Do a little research to come up with a phone number and try to reach him that way. You may also consider a certified letter.

When all else fails, by all means, post his name to save someone else some grief.

Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bronco911, So you're saying someone new to the forum has to sit back and take it. I'm sorry that's not me. I thought this was a site for "professional" mustang enthusiasts.
He was quick to respond to emails before I sent the check. Now that he's got the money, I don't hear from him. I've send four emails trying to get information, even one to find out if he even received the check,..... nothing.
I've done some research and the address that he gave me to send the money is registered to someone other than him and the phone number at that address, the people say that there is nobody by the name of Scott there. A little suspicious, uh?

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Trust your instincts...

With his name omitted, post his e-mail correspondence prior to sale. I've been known to have some instincts of my own..*G* I'm leaving early tomorrow and will be away from the computer for awhile but some of the other veterans can likely affirm or discount your suspicions.

AOL sometimes goes wonky too...likely a phone call would straighten this right up..

This is "the" professional Mustang resource on the internet....mine our resources for awhile and let us know if you agree. Our posters are straight talkers (I'm the diplomat of the bunch *G*) so you may read things you might not like. Don't take it personal...we just want to get it right and for you to get your parts and get back to having fun...

Let us know if we can help further...good luck!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I couldn't agree more with Camachinist......

This is the Mustang site to come to for parts, info and sometimes even a laugh or two....

I can't complain, everybdy has their own opinion, their own way of doing things and it is neat to see how so many people find more than one way to skin a cat!!! er restore mustangs....

Relax......if you sent a US postal money order....or personal check....they have left info on there.....and banks always check for ID when cashing checks.....

I am sure he will email you soon with an update or you will get the parts soon....

if not let me know and I can forward the right info to take care of this matter "the legal way".

THe post office very much dislikes postal fraud...and will investigate it.

Same goes for people who write bad checks to pay for something.....and don't have funds to cover the item...

DA's get very annoyed with these things and they will look into them should there be enough complaints.

regards

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
"I've done some research and the address that he gave me to send the money is registered to someone other than him and the phone number at that address, the people say that there is nobody by the name of Scott there. A little suspicious, uh?"

Well, with that additional info, I too would be very suspicious.

I'd say you are totally justified in your reactions. Where you go from here, I don't know. You might pm CAPony for some guidance. I believe he has some law enforcement associations. You definitely have some options. At some point, putting out the scammers name and email, is certainly one of those options. If in fact he turns out to be a scammer.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I,m not saying someone new to the forum has to sit back and take it. There are other avenues to solve you're problem. This just brings back memories of a fella who posted about Ponderosa, had a total of 6 posts over 4 mos., and every post he had was to flame someone! I will give you a little credit, at least you have posted one Mustang question. But I think you need to lighten up a bit. Things happen in peoples lives sometimes. You are dealing with an individual, NOT N.P.D. or M.P! Just my opinion, as stated before:) LOL
By the way, what were the parts that you bought?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts