Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my 427. :( This was just put together and is 100 % fresh with ZERO miles. It also has some history. The back of the block and heads are stamped "NAZY-CRATE" also has stampings for "454". If you google images for "NAZY CRATE" you will see why I was excited to have this motor. NAZY-CRATE was a Thunderbolt campaigned on the east coast. The 454 designation is that this 427 has a 428CJ crank in it which brings up the cubes to 454.
This motor came in my 67 which I purchased out of eastern Pennsylvania. This also has original medium riser heads, Lemans rods, Venolia pistons, titanium valves, Crower custom cam, original LeMans valve covers, original ford aluminum PI intake, new oil pan. It has a solid roller cam/lifters, new water pump and the motor was just COMPLETELY gone through with new everything. It is a 12.5:1 compression ratio so 100 octane is required and horsepower is in the 550-600 range? Also upgraded to the Comp Cams roller rocker setup with end stands, new heavy duty push rods, ARP bolts. This is an original side oiler block and does not have any welded repairs or sleeves.
Motor has been perfectly balanced and ready to have fun.
When this was in my 67 GT it was a neck snapper and the car never hooked. I could burn the tires for blocks!
Asking $14,000.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Get in touch with the guys at 422racing.com They are always looking for orig things to run Nostaglia Super Stocks.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apparently that website is dead.
"422racing.com Expired on 2011-10-30 and was available for backorder at SnapNames or NameJet, Tools4domains.com processed 10328 domains that expired on 2011-10-30, at SnapNames or NameJet."

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still have a few cars(68 GT390,93 Cobra, 08 Fusion) and a bunch of parts to get rid of. I have decided to follow my buddy John's approach and "Go Big or Go Home!" Instead of having a bunch of cars that have potential to be wicked, I am purging so I can repurpose the funds to have a few cars that ARE wicked. I am setting my sights on a magazine spread. My wife's response..."Ohhhh Great!" I thought I was sensing some sarcasm there but Nahhhh couldn't have been?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts