Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using big block coil springs on a 65-66? I'm thinking of removing my 600 lb springs and replacing them with a taller spring. So far it looks like I'll try the '67 springs for a 390 and cut a half a coil if I need to. I want a little more clearance on the front. I haven't seen a 600 lb spring with stock height in the cataloges I have. The occasional rub, from the shelby drop and the springs lowering it too, is starting to get to me. Any other ideas? What are the spring rates for the 390 or the 429 with ac? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I just removed the 390 springs from the front of my 68 which currently has a 351W with no Shelby drop. The nose was way too high and much to stiff. I wouldn't recommend you installing those springs if you have a small block, you'll be worse off that you are now.

·
Registered
37,441 Posts
I feel your pain. Mine was okay until I lowered the UCA's now I have the fender rub. I want something just as firm as the 620's but ones that will provide 1-1.5" more clearance and allowing me to remove the 1" poly spacers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts