Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone!
I am in the tail end of a 429 swap into my 65 coup. This is a street car with custom interior and vintage air I'm curious if anyone has seen this before. Again, I'm talking full body street car. Not a tube chasis/track car.
Happy rodding!
Nitemare

·
Administrator
19,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Most folks swapping in a 385 series tend to go 460 so a 429 is a little bit different. Big block swaps aren't nearly as popular and common as they used be. So kind of a rarity these days.

·
Premium Member
10,757 Posts
It can be done. Put 68-70 shock towers, strut rod brackets and suspension on it. There is a company that sells a kit to put a 429-460 in a 67-70 mustang. Some people use the M2 front suspension kit.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Tail end eh? Please try to post some photos and add your location to your avatar. This I would like to see! Welcome to VMF

·
Registered
274 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to dm on this forum?
Scroll up to the top of the page. Under the ribbon that says 'Home Forums Active Topics etc" there is a line that says 'Welcome 65Nitemare'. A little to the right of that is a link that says 'Private Messaages'. Click it. Then there is a section on the left side about halfway down that says 'Private Messages'. 'Send New Message' is in that section.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ive never seen one with an I6 radiator before:surprise::yoho:
I6 radiator ? No, that's a V8 radiator. You must be used to the 67-later radiators.

But, you are right, that's a small radiator for a big block swap.....

He's obviously not afraid to cut his car. A larger radiator is a simple swap with a few more properly placed cuts on the radiator support.

·
Premium Member
9,680 Posts
It appears to me that the shock towers are completely gone.
So what did you use for front suspension?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I6 radiator ? No, that's a V8 radiator. You must be used to the 67-later radiators.

But, you are right, that's a small radiator for a big block swap.....

He's obviously not afraid to cut his car. A larger radiator is a simple swap with a few more properly placed cuts on the radiator support.
Custom rad built for the car. Good for 700+hp

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tail end eh? Please try to post some photos and add your location to your avatar. This I would like to see! Welcome to VMF
Thanks for the interest. I'm in south east michigan. Unfortunately the salt is already on the roads, so no cruising this year. Will see some serious road time next spring. I added a few teaser pics to my post. 2 years in the making since I got serious.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts