Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody-
Got the sheet metal back on the car this afternoon including a new stone deflector and lower valence. Take a look at:
http://www.geocities.com/pjf7395/almostthere.html (Couldn't seem to make the hyperlink work, sorry)

I just got my 66 style Shelby brake scoops and those will go on next. I got a hood from a very rust free California car that is in outstanding condition! I'll be cruising in my freshly restored car in a month or so now! I can't wait. By the way I don't know if I like the stance of the car or not. It has all new suspension including Canadian Mustang 1" drop springs in front and stock height leafs in back. I did this in an effort to give the car a slight rake but I really didn't get that effect. Any ideas as to why? Just wanted to show someone my work. By the way I took the car up and down the street and the T-5 is just awesome!!!! Can't wait to get out on the open road.

Later-
P.J.

2000 GT Convertible
1965 Restomod moneypit, oh I mean coupe

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Sounds like a good time, maybe someday my fastback will look like its almost ready to drive. Theres a special feeling that goes with that maiden voyage in a car you built.

68 fastback, 390 4V premium fuel
80 5.0 hatch, just finished
91 5.0 coupe, daily driver
84 RamCharger 4x4 extreme mudsliger and winter junker
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1570462&a=11937310&p=44317415.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's great when everything seems to come together isn't it? I've been there, it's better than sex (almost).
My biggest step forward will be finding some roach rice-grinder or something to drive to work, so I can stop driving my Mustang and start tearing it apart. With the exception of the exhaust collector, I have everything to convert my 70 to a Shelby rear end. Good luck with you coupe. Love to see it painted.
Dave

1964 fuelie Corvette (restored)
1970 Sportsroof (project)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the coils are brand new, they will take a while to settle to their intended height. I have new springs
front and rear on my 68 convertible and it looked like a 4x4 when they were first installed. The rears
have now lowered to just about stock height (it's been about 6 months) but the fronts are still pretty
high.

Good luck, the car looks good so far.

-Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts