Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Biggest purchase I'll see for a long time

793 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  nylhtak 
#1 ·
I finally did it, I bought a house! The financing went through on friday, I've been on a natural high since then (and bit nervous tinking about the money I just spent). I get it Oct. 1, now the fastback will finnally have a permanent home. No more roommates telling me to get that pile of rust or 'rustang' out of the yard. Its still sinking in! Only problem is a huge reduction in money to spend on the fastback for a while. Oh well, its for the better, NO MORE RENT!!

#2 ·
Congratulations! I bought my first house last year so I can really relate.
It was such a good feeling to finally get Kingsford out of the elements.
These AZ summers just fry your paint if its left in the sun.
What kind of interest rate did you get?

#3 ·
Congratulations!

You will look back at this decision in a few years and realise this was the smartest thing you ever done.

Good luck with the new home!!!

#6 ·
Yeah... That natural high is great. Just wait until closing. You get to see a lot of money change hands (it's all your money--for about two minutes--while you sign your life away) and then you get the keys. To drive up to YOUR driveway, open YOUR doors and walk around YOUR new and empty house is one of the best feelings around. Then you move in and unpack, and then you get your first mortgage payment.

Also fun things like appliances, lawnmowers, ladders, snowblowers, etc.. become a real burden and you suddenly realize that the mustang that now has a garage gets to rest a while /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Wow. I guess I didn't realize that I was such an optimist!

Anyway, Congrats. It's always good to hear. My interest rate a few years ago was 9% with -.5 points. I'm sure that you got a better deal than I did. (of course I'm not paying that now...)

G
#7 ·
I envy you for your purchased. I tried entering the market but where I live the houses are just way to expensive for what you get (I'm going going to pay $250k for a house with 1500SF, no garage, and less then 1/4 of land). I'm waiting to move again and I'll buy then (Maybe Texas next time...how is the market there? anyone know?)

Slade

G
#9 ·
Congrats. I bought my first house a year ago. It was kind of nerve racking making that big a commitment and spending that much money, but I love being a homeowner. The first thing I did was fix up the garage so that I had a fitting place for my mustang.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.