Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal. I purchased a grille from California Classics and Collectibles and was less that enthused about it.

I then found another supplier with a grille that looked much nicer in the picture. I have since received this second grille and have posted pictures and comments on both.

The quality of the pictures of the good grille is not there. I'll have to take some more and fix that.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
huh... the top one looks nicer to me, but to each their own. Would look really nice in a 67 shelby nose with an intercooler stuffed behind ::

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Sure... no 67-8 style. Discrimination again!!!
Looks good to me. I'd like to see them made with openings for fog lights built into them.
I'll probably have to do that myself if I really want it.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Isn't that the way it always turn out.....if I want something done right I'll have to do it myself.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Am I correct in thinking the bottom one is painted with a brushed face? Or am I seeing the result of poor pictures? The upper while looking cleaner, IMO is also cheaper looking, kinda looks like it was home made

·
Registered
531 Posts
I agree with the masses... The top one has cleaner lines.

If the grille angle doesn't affect it's fit (since it doesn't angle top to bottom like originals), then I wouldn't worry about it. You're not trying to get a concourse looke with that grille anyway.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Kent.....

WITHOUT even looking at the pics, IF you opt for a "billet" (I HATE that word) grille, do not put the horsey and such on it. The whole purpose of a grille such as that is to "clean" up the front end and present a "no-nonsence" appearance, ie race-car look......

randy ::

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are no doubt right. I'm looking forward to seeing the car intact so that I can make some decisions about it.

I was leary to use the term "billet" for these pieces as well, but that is how the vendors tagged them. They are not machined from a solid block of aluminum, so technically speaking, they are not billet. Oh well...

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Kent, I have Grill A and have for some time now, I was dissapointed with quaity and workmanship on grill when I originally receieved it but at the time only one that was out there.

To solve the problem We took whole thing apart and sent to polish and did some minor bending upon reassebly. I do like it now but the hours put into and cost of polish moved the cost of grill up sustancially.

I had this idea when I see grill and picture of your car, you know how I liked the gold leaf numbers if your gonna carry that theme again, wonder what it might look like if you had anodiozed to match numbers gold? It might such and look terrible but for some reason Iam thinking might be Kewl look and mighty differnt, you know me always thinking out the box.

Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts