Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been crazy about the look of the billet center caps for Torq Thrust and Vintage wheels since I first saw them on Sacramento Mustang's web site. I have Vintage 45s and the billets with the horse/bars are exactly the finishing look I want.

Two problems: Sac Mustang has been unable to get in their initial order for three months; they don't know what's up. OTOH, SM is known to have the occasional attitude problem, so there may not in fact be any problem but theirs.

Second, no one can tell me how much relief the caps have for the front grease caps. The billet caps look to be about 3/8 stock; to clear my SSBC caps, they would need a good 1/4-5/16 relief.

Anyone have any of these caps, and know the relief specs?

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Do you mean like this?

http://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1091500518.JPG

These fit over the standard grease cups......

Gary

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Mustang Plus in Stockton also has them listed in their catalog, maybe you'll have better luck with them.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't aware they were a Scott Drake item until I found them on the SD home page. Now that I know - and that they have a model specifically for the Vintage 40 and 45 - I can chase around for a set. I really need the relief issue answered before I commit. Worst case, I could have them machined out and put lower-profile caps on my front discs. Or space 'em a little with stainless washers, or something.

But I love the look, even though I'm avoiding the relatively recent "billet" look everywhere else. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts