Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
You are correct.

It looks to me that the interior looks correct except the PO installed black pony door panels instead of white ones, which it should have. If the original color was white vinyl with black appointment, the dash pad, carpet, and kick panel carpet would be black, the rest white.

The Interior Decor Group (pony interior) was introduced in March of 65 and was available in the following colors for 65:

Light blue vinyl and white
Red vinyl
Black vinyl
Light turquoise vinyl and white
Palomino vinyl
White vinyl with blue appointment
White vinyl with red appointment
White vinyl with black appointment
White vinyl with turquoise appointment
White vinyl with ivy gold appointment
White vinyl with palomino appointment
Ivy gold and white

Rich
1966 GT convertible

·
Registered
935 Posts
This car probably came with a White Pony Interior with Black Appointments and somebody used black door panels instead of white. Just the dashpad and carpet should be black.

Ford did have an interior available in the 1964 1/2 models that was a standard seat with a black and white checked cloth seat insert, but it was very rare.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I agree with all the other guys, PO probably took a little artistic license with the color combination. It wouldn't be suprising if it wasn't original, nothing else is, color, engine, etc... which are all nice choices, and it's a nice little pony, especially at $5200 - but I bet the reserve is quite a bit higher.

1966 GT Convertible (see it at:http://www.geocities.com/tbeamguard/66GT.html)
1969 Sportsroof (which is For Sale, by the way)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts