Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent $700 in the last week on mustang parts, more than the car is worth. Man, does it feel great, knowing you are spending your money on a worthwhile investment, right? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Anyways I ordered the front suspension kit for the 65 coupe, wheels and purchased the granada brake assy's...including the proportioning valve. When all this stuff gels together in about a month, the little coupe will have a new front end and subframe connectors.

This fall when I get a few more dollars to spend, I'll try to seal up the "cab" by re-installing the glass and weatherstripping where applicable. In the interim, more block sanding, block sanding, block sanding....It doesn't cost much but time.....

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My budget was several hundred dollars saved up over several months. Hard part was deciding where to spend it.....hehe. And SWMBO keeps me on a bugdet: No Mustang Money! So I scrimped and hoarded anyway. Now I have no mustang budget. I'm broke again.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
SWMBOs are horrible, soulless creatures aren't they?

Unless they're in bed with yo... err, umm.. yeah. You know what I mean.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm quickly realizing that a classic car is a like a boat...it is a hole that you through money into. I'd rather throw my money into something that will retain it's value vice my truck that is losing value.

My better half is the problem with our budget...she wants to spend too much. I'm actually the voice of reason...I can only install so much stuff on my limited time...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I can totally sympathize. Good engineer that I am, I decided to spreadsheet the remaining known (giant laugh here..) expenses for Lolita's engine, trans, rear end, etc. etc. and the bottom line was enormous. Probably shouldn't have done that, but since there's no current SWMBO, I guess no one cares but me. And I only care on pay day !

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Actually this isnt a problem at all
you just move those expense figures over to the profit column, post date the final off balance sheet dates and ...re-submit them to the board .....take the chairman out to dinner dont forget her birthday or anniversary ...............................
and your good to go

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Get logical with her....I always tell my wife that yes, I spent some $$ on the mustang.....But I could be out hunting or fishing, or drinking, or chasing loose women.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif but instead I'm INVESTING time and funds in an appreciating asset.

Works every time. Dickson

1 - 9 of 9 Posts