Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Home Depot. I'm replacing all the trim around the doors on my living & dining rooms before I paint. So, while at Home Depot, I also had to pick up 4 items for a side job. Once at the register, they couldn't find a price for the 4 items and they weren't going to sell them to me and they were the only 4 that they had of that item. So after a very lengthy delay, they found the price but took one of the items back to re-stock despite the fact that I needed it. More agrivation and a hot temper! Finally I'm on my way.

On the way home, I'm thinking the total was cheap. Once home, I look at the bill, the cashier who was very sympothetic to me and very polite.....well she didn't charge me for my 70' of trim! Gotta love blind justice.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Thats terrible!
To justify the mistake just because you had to wait for a price check doesn't make it right. I would have to go back and let them correct this honest mistake...........No, No, No never mind what I just said

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I'm glad you got your justice. Its sad that a company cannnot hire anyone with the intelligence or the desire to be a company person and get the price problem resolved correctly and to the customers satisfaction, Or be able to hire someone that can run a cash register correctly. I personally believe a lot of what stores call theft is nothing more than a cashiers mistake or dont care attitude.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Whatever you can sleep with. if you don't go back and pay, it is just like stealing. Besides what if the sympathetic cashier who made this mistake has to pay for it out of her minimum wage salary? You must have allready had the money set aside but to her it will be quite an unexpected expense.

G

·
0 Posts
How do you expect that the store is going to know it was her who "mis-counted"? It could have been any one of the cashiers. Just my 2 cents though...

·
Registered
290 Posts
I will never go OUT of my way to fix SOMEONE else's mistake, when that person in NO way was trying to help me.

You live, you learn.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
According to the post...... "Once home, I look at the bill, the cashier who was very sympothetic to me and very polite".

It seems that the cashier was helpful. Hopefully he/she will not have to cough up the money for the error. If the cashier does not the stockholders will , which eventually gets around to us as consumers. We all pay for it in the end, little by little.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I was at Sams Club friday looking for parts and stocked up on some "C-Rations" for the office. (you know, cup-o-noodles, vienna sausages, crackers, beans) Presented my Sams Club membership card and my VISA card. She asked if the Visa was a debit card. "No, its a charge card..", I reply. "I'm sorry we take DISCOVER but not Visa." That was a new one. Sams club will not accept a Visa card. So I left the stuff there and left the store. I was NOT going to spend the cash I had for the trip to the mustang salvage yard.

G

·
0 Posts
You guys that think it's ok not to pay for the stuff -- remind me not to let you borrow my tools if you need something. Geez.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You missed the point. Deal fairly with others and be honest.

·
Registered
281 Posts
God forbid anyone go out of there way to do what is right!
It is plain and simple not one thousand shades of gray.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I was involved in a somewhat similat situation. When they got it straightened out, THEY refused to charged me for the items. Said I had already been inconvienced too much. Think I won't go back to Home Depot. At least give them a call. They will probably say, "Forget It", just come back next time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts