Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has to be the ultimate for me .... but even with a hubble telescope, ...I don't have what it takes to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this one.

How much do these go in this condition in the states.
Either this guy bought it dirt cheap and will break even or he's happy to lose a few grand.

He's probably spend 3 grand getting it over here.
then you got exchange rate etc.

How many of you guys can do this? how much will it cost you to bring it back to its former glory? and how long?
You'd probably want a donor car onsite ...wouldn't you?

cheers.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
that is the lowest amount of options I have ever seen on a Mustang.

Isn't that a 390 intake?

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Doesn't look bad to me, but the pictures are very limited in detail. If possible, I'd go see it in person. If nothing else, you could restore it body and supension, drop in a decent drivetrain (like a 351C, I hear they grow on trees down there) and enjoy it while you collect the necessary hi-dollar 428CJ bits for later installation.

Looking at the options, or lack thereof, I'll bet this car was ordered with 1/4 mile trips in mind.

You really can't lose on a 428CJ sportsroof.....

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
yeah, wth? the marti report lists Ram Air. what bone head dropped that off her?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Doesn't look bad to me, but the pictures are very limited in detail. If possible, I'd go see it in person. If nothing else, you could restore it body and supension, drop in a decent drivetrain (like a 351C, I hear they grow on trees down there) and enjoy it while you collect the necessary hi-dollar 428CJ bits for later installation.

Looking at the options, or lack thereof, I'll bet this car was ordered with 1/4 mile trips in mind.

You really can't lose on a 428CJ sportsroof.....
I knew I wasn't the only one sick and twisted enough to think it was completely saveable. :: I like Hemikillers approach too.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Ahhh, one of the rare "mid-engine" Mustangs I see. If the Marti is correct, it will have some value but I would imagine collecting the correct 428 stuff would cost a bit not to mention the rustofication.

Beyond me with the original Hubble lense with the slight stigmatism.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I thought all the 4-speed CJ cars got tachs. I see I was wrong.

Manual steering, manual brakes, manual steering. I passed on a car like this back in 1988. Too much of a handful to drive. Couldn't steer it, couldn't stop it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts