Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my interior (courtesy) lights were not working, checked the fuse, blown, put in a new fuse, the lights worked fine. This morning I get in the car, the lights work, start the car, drive to work, open door, lights don't work, fuse blown. So, the lights work fine until I start the car. Obviously a short somewhere, anyone know where to start?? The light in the driver's door was the only one that didn't work when I put in the new fuse, the bulb is good so maybe my problem is there? I need a step by step as electrical is not my thing. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
What year car? The liklihood is the short has nothing to do with starting the car...its more likely there's a bare wire shorting to ground and blowing the fuse. Do you know how to use a multimeter? Do you have one?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'69 Mach 1. I just bought a multimeter, not really sure how to use it yet. How 'bout a lesson?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
my '68 Owner's manual shows that fuze also supplies clock,dome, courtesy, map and glove light, and couple others and is 7.5 As. check 7.5 A value and if less confirm your specified value byk Shop or Owner's manual or someone on VMF. you did not state your car year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts