Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s get a cruise organized. Who’s in? Maybe on a Saturday, March 23 or maybe April 6 or 13? Route suggestions? Chime in gang! The weather is getting there, Bluebonnett’s will be out. Alan, I know Saturday’s are hard, would like for to be able to attend...so Sunday’s can work too!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Mike here from HOUSTON.
I sure would like to join.....
Hoping to have mine ready in a week or two.
Changing out fuel system and adding new super sniper system this weekend and will be waiting on parts due here Wednesday.
Trying to convert it from more aligned to racing to more streetable / drivable.

What about a meet up like somewhere central to HOUSTON, San Antonio, Austin, DFW.

Maybe somewhere like Brenham, Bryan, etc. Like a Texas meet up.

I’m new here, so certainly not trying to step on any toes.
Just throwing out ideas.
Not sure if something like this happens in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'll be watching for developments as they happen. My calender is hard to predict, so if it makes it up to the metroplex and I'm open, you can expect me to join as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
9,944 Posts
What’s been done in the past?

In the past we've joined up somewhere along Hwy 281- Johnson City, Blanco, etc and driven from there to Luckenbach, Fredericksburg, Llano, Wimberly, etc to enjoy the rugged terrain of the Hill Country. I'm open to something different like Brenham if it would make it more convenient to the Houston guys and gals.

And yes, Saturdays are still a problem for me. Sundays are OK. And a teaser- my '65 2+2 now has a stable mate.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Unfortunately I could not join this time, I’m coming earlier, (in fact I will be there next Friday 1 at night!) and do not have the time for cruising, but I have enjoyed a lot the second one. Also the third, making very good friends.! You guys will enjoy the meeting, that’s for sure.!
Alan, I am looking forward to see the 65 2+2’s mate in the stable.!

Josep

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
-1 here today, rained and sleet all day Saturday and we still have PILES of snow everywhere.... No offense guys, but you can all go suck an egg!! :wink:

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
Woof, guess I better get cooking on Jane's fuel system then! I've just been puttering with it like I normally do on the winter projects. Turned into a kind of "reorganize all the underdash wiring for no good reason other than that it stresses me out" project.

As long as the drive is super scenic and has some fun twisty bits, I'll be happy! My concern with doing a drive somewhere between Austin and Houston is that that part of Texas is pretty flat and boring typically. Maybe there is a good spot that I don't know about though.

·
Registered
570 Posts
As the new guy to the area I should be good for either a Saturday or Sunday. I am looking forward to getting out seeing some of the hill country. And my car is running so well right now too. Working on a few small projects and may do some more suspension/steering work before then but should be good to go. My car probably doesn't look nearly as good as most of yours do.

·
Premium Member
9,944 Posts
My car probably doesn't look nearly as good as most of yours do.

That's OK as I'm not considered good looking myself and the rest of the gang still lets me join in! They're a pretty laid back bunch of guys and gals and all Mustangs are welcome.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't forget, the Mustang Club of America National Show is in Houston on March 29-31 at the Lone Star Flight Museum. Even if you do not want to be part of the show, perhaps a good place to meet and see a lot of Mustangs.

Gary

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Don't forget, the Mustang Club of America National Show is in Houston on March 29-31 at the Lone Star Flight Museum. Even if you do not want to be part of the show, perhaps a good place to meet and see a lot of Mustangs.

Gary

I did NOT know this.
Super cool!
I’ll attend that for sure and do some research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
As you did not start this post in one of the VMF Chapters, :pirate: I'll be cruising all over the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area in March for the annual PITS event. Two car shows, two days of Poker Run, one day of Drag Racing. I'll be at the Smokies Stadium, Tail of the Dragon, and even take a pass or two at the English Mountain Dragway. Looking forward to seeing a couple of VMF'ers there, you will find me easily as I am sure my car will stand out. >:)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I promised to take my 82 year old uncle who's battling lymphoma to the Mecum auction in Houston in April (4th-6th) other than that, Jordan and I are ready Saturday or Sundays...no problem. Was hoping Alan might put a route together around the highland lakes. We are still in the midst of moving from outside Kerrville to north of Stonewall. I'm only about 15 minutes from Albert's Ice-house or Luckenbach!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lake Travis is my old stomping ground. That’s why I moved to canyon lake! It got too overcrowded. It’s been too long since I’ve been there to know the good places to eat. How about heading out to Enchanted rock area? Anyone with suggestions there? Still fishing?

1 - 20 of 142 Posts