Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m building a 68 Fastback from new parts, and I don’t really have a go-by. I have the body assembly manual and the chassis assembly manual, but they haven’t been much help so far.

I see Dynacorn sells these bracket kits, but they don’t say what all of then are. I’ve been able to determine what some of them are, based on smaller kits, though. I know some of them are for roof bracing, some are radiator support brackets, and the long ones are seat belt brackets.

One came with the rear seat brace/ trap door brace, but I have no idea where it goes. There have to be some brackets to fasten that piece to the trunk floor, but I don’t know what that is, either.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Needed to bump this old thread of mine because is still have some questions about the interior brackets. The pics below are images I found posted elsewhere that are the best I can find that show most of the brackets for a 67-68 FB.

I have built a shell from all new parts, so I don’t have a FB go-by. I’m trying to make sure I get all the welded brackets in place before I prep and paint the underside of the car. I do have a 67 coupe donor car, but it doesn’t have the long brackets that go under the rear seats at all. What purpose do they serve?

B9BE5F82-4127-4B2F-AC39-BA4FE4B88718.jpeg

·
Registered
885 Posts
Those long brackets provide a place for the fiberglass interior panels to bolt to.
You can see them in the last two photos.
To get a good idea of where they go, install you inner panels and mark their outline on the floor.
You'll want the brackets behind the lines.
Bolt the brackets to the panel and take measurements so that you can get the fore/aft location correct.
The left/right measurement will be determined by the outline marks on the floorpan.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in a bit of a pickle because I don't have any interior FB pieces to use to help locate the floor brackets. My donor coupe is no help at all. I've been scouring the internet for days trying to find dimensions to locate all the pieces with very limited results. I've just found a few pictures like above to guesstimate with. By my count, there are 5 pairs of brackets that are supposed to be welded to the floor or wheel tub.

I wish I knew someone with a project 67 FB that I could use to take a lot of measurements.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent. I basically just need to know the measurements between each pair of brackets. Then, I can locate them from a common centerline.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here are some pictures. It was about 100 degrees out today so I didn't get very detailed. If you want a specific measurement let me know.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Are there no placement dimples/ marks on the floor pan?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No. There’s some indentations below the shock holes where those hooks are, but that’s it. I don’t understand why there are locations for those, but for nothing else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts