Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this was discussed a few months ago, but I found an auction on Ebay for this body caulk. Is this the correct caulk? If so, I know of another source that would be significantly cheaper. Just wanting to check here.

If this is the correct caulk, does anyone have a 2 or 3" strip that you would be willing to send me for comparison purposes?

Ebay Auction

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
No that is the Ford junk in grey. You need the black stuff. I've got a box I bought at some swap meet I use to show people what not to use durign seminars. Though you can find old stuff on cars in wreckign yards that looks grey (changes with age and exposure to the elements) it was originally black.

It's easiest IMHO just to purchase some 3M cord sealant and if you need larger diameter stuff roll two or three cores together.

General uses include - between front fenders and inner fender well and gas tank lip to floor.

This should not be used in place of the other sealant that comes from a chalking gun. If sill set up, this stuff will not for many many years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts