Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I droped off the stang in the body shop a couple of days ago to get the quarter skins put on.. He has already cut out the old one and he called me up there today to show me that the repop qtr panel I had didnt line up for crap. Its atleast 1" to long from the door jam to the extension and the curve that goes up right behind the door is also not even close. From what I remember they dont make fastback skins. Anyone know where to get some good fittin skins?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I've had both my Mustangs (69 Mach and 69 vert) restored with repro sheet metal from Mustangs Unlimited. None of it is an exact fit, but a good body shop can work it so the fit looks like factory sheet metal. But they have to be willing to put in the effort. Granted, I haven't used or seen '67-'68 repro sheet metal, but it can't be that much different in overall quality from the '69 panels.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you are doing an all out restoration it might be wise to find a pair of NOS quarters. For what it will cost in labor (about 42.00 an hour) the cost might be competitive with reworking the repro's, just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts