Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I live in Monroe, Michigan and recently purchased my first classic Mustang ('67 fastback). The car has no rust but needs painting and has numerous minor dings I want fixed. I would prefer taking the car to someone who specializes in old cars as opposed to someone who'll fit it in between insurance work. Can anyone recommend a good body man in the southeast Michigan/Toledo area? Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would be happy to shoot your car for you. Ufortunately, I am on the other side of the state and am up to my neck in resto projects now.
However, I can offer some advice when searching for a good resto shop.
You are on the right track in searching for a body shop that specializes in restorations.
Always get an estimate in writing and figure another 15% for hidden issues that need to be repaired before paint.
Ask the bodyshop to give you an honest answer on how long it will take. Projects like these do take a lot of time. We are not pounding out a dent on the wifes modern iron here! A lot of time consuming work goes into making a car straight and right. So have mercy on your body man calculating a time frame.
Finally,ask them to show you any recently finished vehicles.
I have customers that will be glad to show you my work.
The shop should provide you with names of past customers so you can see the finished product.
Good luck, Nicholas

·
Registered
243 Posts
There is a gentleman in Midland Michigan that specializes in Mustangs and Shelby's ...... Martin Euler. He works out of his own shop behind his house. His per hour rate is very competitive. He's the guy that restored the Green Hornet ('68 Shelby Coupe Prototype). He did the body work and paint on a friend of mine's '66 convertible. Very nice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey your in the same town as I. :D Check out the body shop out on US 24 (Telegraph) and Sterns. I've seen a few mustangs in his shop and he is always working on a classic. Are you going to Friendly Ford "Hot Summer Nights"? (Tomorrow 1 to 10) I'll be there with the red 73 Mach 1.
Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts