Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was noticing yesterday while I was under the hood that I am missing quite a few of the body mounting bolts. What is the nomenclature for these and the exact size. They look to be about 5/16 Dia. and 7/8" long. Where can I buy these?

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,497 Posts
If you're referring to the bolts that hold the front fenders on to the fender aprons, they're called "fender bolts" and can be found at most any Mustang parts house or, if you're not too picky, a wrecking yard.

Note that the Mustang is a uni-body design (body and frame are one unit) so the traditional body and frame bolt-on connection doesn't apply.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes thats exactly what I was refering to so "Fender Bolts" what a strang ename for bolts that hold the fenders on ;)

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Get the Bady Assembly manual for your year, they are about $15 from any Mustang shop, and are worth their weight in gold. It'll tell you the Ford part #, which you can then cross reference on AMK's website

www.amkproducts.com

or you can just by the bolt sets that they sell there too.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For anyone else who might read this, I found out these are pretty standard fender bolts 5/16-18 can be found at any auto store. Thanks for the responses all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts