Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of swapping a C4 to a T5z in my '66 Mustang(v8).I have A T5 bellhousing and T5 motor plate.I don't have any of the old bolts so I can't figure out the following:
1--does the motor plate require any bolts and if so,what length/width/pitch bolts and where do I place them?
2--bellhouse to engine-What and how many bolts do I need? Where do I place them(lower 6 holes?) and what length/width/pitch?
3--T5 to bellhouse-What size bolts(length/width/pitch) do I need and how many?
any help(or pictures) will be greatly appreciated! I'm at this stage with no bolts and I want to make sure I have all the bolts that I need!
Thank you-Tom

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The block plate uses the same six bolt holes as the bell. Your C4 should have used these same six bolts. You'll be using the two bolt holes at the top of the engine block, and two more on each side.

There may also be a couple smaller bolts for the bottom of the block plate that go front to back, through the block plate and threading into the bell. It's that way on the old school bells anyway. You can take the bell to the hardware store to find bolts that fit. Or you could check summitracing.com or ARP's web site for ARP bolt kits that will work for you.

The tranny uses four bolts to attach to the bell. Again, to find the right size either take the bell to the hardware store or check with Summit or ARP.

I know these aren't the greatest answers in the world, but they're a start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts