1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,on top of all my other problems medical wise i now have a
broken arm and a broken leg
saturday morning a transport truck showed up to pick up a 69 camaro
pace car conv i had sold a month ago,car was complete but dident run.
the orig transport company knew the car was a non runner and had re booked it
for a sub out to another firm,
the new owner was itchy to get his car[don`t blame him] and after a month of
pulling puds the comp send a truck out.
the truck shows up [nice rig] looked like a 9-10 vech hauler, and the driver asks
`does it run' i said no! you guys already knew this,so he says im not equiped
to handles non runners [wow]he says if you help me push it i`l load it on.
so i said ok,got my son to help and could only push it so far up the ramp,i ended up
hooking 2 come alongs[mine]to the car and pulling it up that way,
at the top of the flat ramp above the rear wheels the car went free on its own
as i reached into grab the stearing wheel the car jearked ove to the side pinning me
to the uprights of the upper level ramps,the driver couldent fig out what to do so my son called
911 and they stopped by to see what was going on[the car had jambed sort of catty-wompus
on the trailer,the fireman pushed the car back a foot or so and that was all there was to it.
[it hurt more when they pushed it off me than when it first happend] so went to the hospital
AGAIN!!, and found out later the guy just lashed the car down an split,i kinda thought that was uncool
of him!
in the end all i was trying to to was help the truck driver and the new owner of the camaro
get things taken care of
i guess i should rethink the things i do
thanx for lettinng me gripe a bit
gotta go, cast is wayy to heavey to be typing for very long
Dave

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
That really sucks, you are a hell of a person for even helping the guy get it on the trailor. I would have made him come back with a winch or other help. If they knew it didn't run to begin with, its their fault!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Sorry to hear about your aaahh, misfortune. Hope you heal up quickly. I really don't foresee anybody doing anything to keep you from winning the award this go around. ::

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Oh Dave, I'm SO sorry to hear about that! Be careful now and be safe.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Laruie,
i guessed i missed the out come of your hip surgery,are you ok now ??
no problems ?
i had fig thats what had happend to me was that my hip got broken
but it was just my upper thigh Bone
good to hear from you
Dave

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well Dave this should slow you down a bit,its allways bad to hear when anyone is hurt,i hope the breaks arn,t to bad & you heal quickly, As for your DOOFUS you got my vote,but next time try to make it with no pain & plenty of humor.Did the car end up coming out of it better than you. Take it easy & let us know when your up & running. Ron.

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
I'm doing pretty good now, no real problems other than the muscles burning now and then. The doc said they're just getting back to work and are complaining. I wish they would shut up. :: I've been working on my car and am able to do everything, although I have to be inventive for getting up off the floor sometimes.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
This does not qualify as a doofus because you did nothing stupid or "wrong" too get hurt. What I see here is negligence on the part of the truck operator/trucking company. If you are going to be missing some work or have medical expenses, you might consider an attorney for a legal opinion on the company's liability for your loss.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
wow......

sounds like SO many people close to me are having probs. My wife was recently rushed to the hospital last week with a rupture appendix (ruptured for over a week!!) and it was really touch and go there for two days following the surgery whether she would pull through due to the massive infection. Laurie with her surgery, now you with your added problems and Midlife's continuing search for a brain transplant!!!!!

Makes me step back and AGAIN really appreciate those I care about.....

Take care Dave - you're a trooper and I KNOW you will weather the storm......

randy

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Dang Dave,
You are really getting it. You will get some extra prayers for this. You don't get the doofuss but the guy with the truck gets a huge one. I hope you call the company that subed out to this guy and let them know what happened.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to the guy who hired the transport company to pick up the camaro
and he was shocked that they even sub`ed it out to another company
the guy has even offerd to pay for all medcal bills relating to the misshap
and he would go after the transport people to recover his money
but i have ins to cover all this kind of stuff so im fine

i gotta say,the new owner of the camaro is a stand up guy
not many people would make that offer
Dave