Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Did not see a Sell Price on the car on the website....??? How much did it sell for??? Those Original Cloth interior inserts are very rare.... 1964 1/2 and Early '65 Only. Did not see an Original Ownercard either...for so much Original documentation..

A very nice car.

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It looks like you have to have an account and log in to see the price. It has a button that says log in to view results.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
"It looks like you have to have an account and log in to see the price."

I'm not going to waste my time signing up...

Please, Can someone just post the darn selling price.......GAHHH!

Tony K.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
46K -10% Sellers premium = $41,400 is all the money for that car...and then some. Way too much IMHO to be in Fastback Territory. Must have had two drunk bidders....which is usually the case with these types of auctions... Definitely a nice car though.

Congrats to your friend... He made out...

Tony K.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Colorado car. We still have Phil Long Fords here. Cool but why do I have the feeling that price has no actual bearing on the value of these cars? I still feel like I have a $10k coupe ☹

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Why doesn't it have the trim on the quarter panels? Is that a 64.5 thing?
Because the "Accent Group" option it came with deleted those ornaments in favor of Tiffany pinstripes, 3/32" wide in either black or white. They were painted (by roller) at the factory and outlined the side styling accent lines of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Awesome! Next spring I can up my stated value insurance to half what I have in this pile!:wink:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
My car is nowhere near that nice, but I'll let mine go for the low low low price of 30K!

Seriously though, that is a nice car.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$46k
He details his cars better than anyone's I know and his cars always bring beyond a premium.
It was Friday afternoon when it ran, and there was really no money in the house...throughout the entire auction...
I give him cudos as well he gets it done when it comes to the cars he sells.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
$46k
He details his cars better than anyone's I know and his cars always bring beyond a premium.
It was Friday afternoon when it ran, and there was really no money in the house...throughout the entire auction...
I give him cudos as well he gets it done when it comes to the cars he sells.
What was he expecting @69bosssvt?

I agree, kudos to him!!

Allen

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Several recently posted ads for coupes are in the same price range as a 55-57 t-bird.

No way a 65-68 Mustang coupe that is one of 2+ million brings in the same cash as a baby bird.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
"Because the "Accent Group" option it came with deleted those ornaments in favor of Tiffany pinstripes, 3/32" wide in either black or white. They were painted (by roller) at the factory and outlined the side styling accent lines of the car. "

That's correct. Thanks for that Response. Just to add, In '64 1/2, and Early '65, Red and Blue "Painted Accent Stripes" were also offered and available. In '66, Only Black and White were offered.

Tony K.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
It is a very nicely detailed car and I saw a poster in the trunk I believe that said unrestored. At what point though do fix up's" move to the category of being restored? I don't know.

But why did they have to put that perforated plastic wrapped around cover on the steering wheel? I would knock 500 bucks off just for that, LOL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts