1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
35,863 Posts
Well, despite his D0ZZ part number, it's the 67-69 configuration. Of course, the 70 Shelby was built using 69 Mustangs, so I guess he's technically correct.

As long as the pedal matches the booster, you could use a 70 on a 67, or a 67 on a 70. The 67-69 booster is available in repro, and so is the 70, but the 70 pedal is not available new.

You never know about old stuff, a lot depends on where it was stored.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GT. I took a chance and put a bid on it. Anybody out there know what the piston in the photo would be for? It looks far too large to go in the master cylinder. I am going to ask the seller to see if he knows.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The piston is is for the brake master. It allows you to just replace the piston in the master to accept the pushrod from the booster instead of buying a power brake master.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The fellow has it list incorrectly.

Look at the front of the box. Clearly states C7ZZ, which it for sure is, a 67 68 Midland booster. Can't see where he got DOZZ???

Will fit all 67 68 Mustang Cougar perfectly, point correct.

Will, as has been stated, fit the 69/70 Mustang, Cougar as long as pedal is used in combination with the pedal. but not be point correct.

Maybe a few--Maybe, 69's used the Midland, but for the most part, the 69 model year was Bendix boosters with crimp jointing. 69 Bendix had the same 1/2" drop in the rear push rods, just as you see in this Midland.

70 was also Bendix, but had a straight on Push rod. Eyelet was dead in center of the push rod.

Will it work?? Don't know.

Dan @ Chockostang

1 - 6 of 6 Posts