Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after two days of sitting in the sun..this boot top still curls at the edges..looks like a piece of bacon..I hate the looks of this thing..you really get what you pay for..Monday I am off to the custom shop for a real boot..

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Does it look like they used enough tab material? Sounds like they are not long enough to lock under the chrome strip...

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea..it has tabs..I installed it correctly..but it looks silly..I don't like that curled look..it just looks like something that is a universal fit..and we all know..a universal fit..never fits anything all that well..I already tossed it in the trash..I'll have one made that fits properly..*LOL*

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Thats too bad teebone. It sounds like it is just plain too small.
I hope you get a nice one made that fits good.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Not good news. I have mine all the way on with the pads and the edges still sit up, although they aren't curled. However, the effort to get it on means it won't get used very much. Let me know what the custom shop says; I may end up going the same route.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
if it was a tight pair of blue jeans you would wet them down and stretch them. Maybe you can soak the the boot down, put your cars top down and pile some towels on the the convertible top then put the boot over top of that and let it sit out in the sun to dry out. The towels might give the boot the extra stretch that after it drys it will have a bit of extra slack.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Teebone:
Please let me know what you come up with for a boot for your vert as I need one too!!! If you find a good one, let me know, as if it's custom made, they can make two if it's good quality and reasonably priced!!!!
Jeff
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ya, I would also like to hear how you make out. My LTD will need one in a few years, its got a few chew holes in it, and now I am afead to just get a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts