Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to get my boot top to fit..been working outside in the hot sun for over two hours..by the way it's about 97 degrees outside..well anyway..the sun helped it to stretch..my only question is how long before the edges sit down flat..this thing looks like a ballerina in a TuTu..*LOL*

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Hey, this TU-TU talk sounds like Toni inquiring about my username! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Yeah, sounds like a girl's name! I was there for that conversation.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Glad to hear you got it on, Leave it on for awhile. You may have to trim the plastic edge a little if it will not slide all the way under the trim piece.
Did my instructions help at all? It will be a tight fit for awhile. Did you leave the foam pieces out for now?

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your instructions were great..I left the foam out for about two hours..then when it seemed to relax a bit..I stuffed those babies in there and buttoned it back up..tonight I am going to leave it on..hopefully by morning..it will relax a bit more

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I am very happy for you Vince. It feels good to have a job turn out. One thing I forgot to tell you . make sure your front clamps are clamped shut before you put the boot on. These are the clamps that hold the top on in the front when you have the top up.
Time to go for a drive!
you maybe already thought of this.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I'm doing mine today. So far it's about 3/4 on. I started by snapping the front and getting the rubber strip seated. Then I did the sides to just around the rear curve. Left it in the sun for 45 minutes, then got the main portion of the back straight. Now letting it sit for another hour, then I'll try getting the two small sections between the straight piece and the corners. Like yours, the edges wanted to curl up but they seem to be staying down now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts