Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This came out of my 68 fastback. It is not original factory equipment for my car and I don't know what it came out of. I do know it was said to be rebuilt by the previous owner 3 years ago and the car when I purchased it had 400 miles after it was restored. I took the transmission out about a year ago to redo my entire car and make it a pro touring car, thats the reason for sale. Everything worked perfect, no noises or grinding into gears. Could be cleaned up is about it. Has the bell housing, and trans. If you're picking it up I can also include flywheel and clutch, z-bar and also driveshaft for thi trans to a 9” housing. The flywheel will need resurfaced for sure as there seems to be some hot spots on it. I also have a video I can text or email of me just shifting through the gears (not driving) if you would like that. Not sure what it proves but I took it for a guy that wanted the shifter. Im wanting $600 and firm (dropped from $700), I will not take less so please don't ask.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still Available, Im going down to $600 against my better judgement as I have no need to let it sit around. Id rather have someone use it. I will not go any lower so don't ask. If I don't sell for $600 it goes in my shed in the back yard.

·
Premium Member
10,377 Posts
If it has a 28 spline output shaft you should mention that. If it still has the original 25 spline output shaft it's worth about $300. I have the original 25 spline T10 that my "65 left the factory with simply because I'll keep it before I sell it for $300.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Id be pretty stupid to sell a working 4 speed with bell, drive shaft, zbar, trans mount, fork, clutch and flywheel for $300. Regardless what you think its worth the bellhousing alone is selling for $150-200 anytime Ive found them. Im not sure what output shaft it has, Ill have to look, but 25 or 28 the transmission isnt worth $300 in working condition with bellhousing and everything ready to go in a car. Maybe if it were a bare junkyard trans needing a rebuild thats a total piece, but this is not. It came out of a running driving car last year and had no issues whatsoever. I honestly dont care if theres no interest at that price for everything as Im not going to give it away. If someone wants to make their auto car a little bit cooler and switch it to a 4 speed for cheap, cool, if not it will collect dust I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts