Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Borgeson kit for my 65. Now Im thinking I might want to add an ididit tilt column while Im at it.

Ive seen some threads, but nothing recent.

Any idea if I will be able to buy a proper length Ididit column thats a PNP? Be nice if I dont have to disassemble the new column and cut it to fit.

I also have a new 65 steering wheel that I would like to reuse. Is that possible with the Ididit column and have the horn and turn signals function properly.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Call Ididit tomorrow morning and ask them. (517) 424-0577) Also, ask about the pro's and con's of Ford vs. GM style columns they offer, but you may need to stick with Ford style for that steering wheel. (y)

·
Registered
747 Posts
I run a psuedo borgeson and ididit in my 66. The box is from ABC in orange co L.A. in my opinion the ididit column could be an inch longer cuz it ends right as it penetrates the firewall. I run a coupler with no dampener, and surprisingly I get no vibration up through the column. It may be tight running a dampener and box. The coupler is actually shorter then the dampener by about 1/2", and yes, that makes a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts