Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Another way to do the lines: I made a homemade power conversion with a box similar to the Borgeson design. My lines run below the engine mount and up between the tower and the box. At the box they are close to the inderfinder, away from the exhaust pipes. The lines was made by using Russell PowerFlex hose (for the pressure line) and Powerflex fittings and the hoses are very slim.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm using the Borgeson box with a 351w installation and have been looking at the header situation. I contacted one manufacturer and they are familiar with the borgeson and they said it actually gives more clearance than the factory box. My car didn't have one when I got it so I can't confirm or deny that statement. It is an easy way to do it and as Westmus said, you'll probably be fabbing hoses anyway so route them properly and you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
808 Posts
The Borgeson box is bigger. Most Tri-y and shorty headers should clear it though. I have seen some need massaging.

Are they still shipping the V8 kit with a line thats too short? I had to build my own

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered the Borgeson kit with their lines for a 6-cylinder engine. These lines are a bit longer as confirmed with a call to Borgeson, and they allowed more clearance from my 289 with JBA Tri-Y headers.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I run the borgeson in my 65 with MAC long tube headers and clearance isn't an issue at all. I feel it was a great addition to the car. The installation was rather easy, the feel is tight and the power assist can be changed by swapping out the flow control valve in the saginaw pump

·
Registered
153 Posts
I’m running the borgeson box with a 408 and FPA headers. No clearance issues. Made custom lines so I could control the routing rather than use their lines. I hear the v8 lines can be short and using the 6 cyl lines solves the problem, but making lines is not that hard.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I contacted Bourgeson back few months ago to ask if the system would clear my 408W setup with Hooker Longtube headers and they told me they don’t know to just try it and see what happens. But I didn’t want to spend $700 to trial fit it LOL. But sounds like it may work from what others are saying....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts