Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy runs a Cuda, and it just so happens his slicks bolt right up to my car.
So friday night test-n-tune, I bolted them on and made 3 passes.
I ran my best time yet with a 1.82 sec 0-60' time and a 13.33 sec 1/4 time.
You CANNOT spin the slicks, no matter how hard you launch. It just pins you in the seat and it fells like someone is pulling on the back of your helmet.....What a RUSH.
Anyways, I just wanted to share....
Now I gotta get it ready for Woodward....
Kevin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great times!!! Please be careful bolting up slicks. I would have at least a driveshaft loop and scattershield before I put slicks on my car, ask Garlets about clutch explosions. Slicks can be fun tho.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run a C4 automatic, But I agree with the driveshaft loop.
I don't plan to run slicks ever again, but you never know.....

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Sounds like lots of fun! What was your best speed?

John Harvey

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
I ran my best time yet with a 1.82 sec 0-60' time and a 13.33 sec 1/4 time.

:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almost dead nuts on 100 mph.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Gotta love those mopar engineers copying our 5x4.5 bolt pattern, now if we could only convince the bowtie bunch to convert we'd have 'universal' wheels without 8 million holes in them. As for slicks, it would've been interesting to see your before/after times but 1.82 60's are IMPRESSIVE for your first test and tune session. The one run I got to run my slicks I knocked over a second and half off my ET's compared to trying to keep my street tires planted. I only got one run on them and had literally just bolted them on, no tire pressure changes or huge burnouts or clutch dump launches or powershifts. they grabbed and actually bogged on my puny off idle 1st gear launch but when i felt them grab on the 1-2 shift where the previous tires would just keep spinning, i really got on it and broke various parts of my drivetrain on the hard 2-3 shift. I only cut a 2.0 sixty but i was afraid of launching it hard, your 1.82 is very good. Your 100 MPH might be good for 12's depending on the weight of your car and if you can keep it in the powerband with the right gear ratio/tire height. They say every .1 you cut off your sixty foot is .5 seconds off your ET. With practice and very minor tire/suspension changes, people can usually pull 1.6 60's on 'stock type' leaf spring suspension and tires that fit in the wheelwells. Good job, keep us posted.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I had run it before with my stock BFG's and I ran a 1.90 0-60", 13.44 at 100 mph. The slicks made it launch harder, but the speed was pretty much the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts