Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled a Boss 302 engine and 4 speed top loader out of a 67 mustang coupe . Im pos. that it is a matching set up .
The coupe has the brake , clutch peddle still in it . How can I tell if it is from the same Boss or was the original 67 set up .
Also how common is the 3 gauge set up located in the dash on a 73 mach #1?
Was it optional ?
Thanks........

Is there #s ???

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Its not likely to be from a Boss, as the dash structure is different. Also, the brake pedal set up is different, meaning it would have taken a lot of work (and made little sense functionally) that the pedal set up would have been transferred.

Carl

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I agree with chpierce. There's no way the Boss 302 was original to that '67, since it didn't debute until '69. The '69/later and '67 clutch and brake pedals are so different, that it would have taken considerable effort to transplant it, and for no real reason, since there was no difference between a Boss brake/clutch and a regular brake/clutch.

Are you sure this was a Boss 302 in the '67? MANY people that aren't familiar with Mustangs and vintage Fords think like to THINK that any early 302 was a Boss. I just had a conversation with a work colleage yesterday that told me his brother has a '69 Boss 302 Mustang. When he started telling me how he put aluminum heads, etc. on it, I told him that his brother was insane and just ruined the value of a very collectible, very rare car. The conversation started from him seeing my "Boss 302" in the parking lot, which is NOT a Boss, not even a 302 *LOL* (it was my '69 sportsroof that was originally an F code, now sporting a 408). When he realized how rare '69 Boss 302's are, he already started figuring either his brother was full of s$*T or he misunderstood him ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I could get a picture on here I would.
Yes it is a Boss 302 with screw in frost plugs, big 4v heads, all original motor. # DOZE-6015-C.
I originaly figured the same thing when I was told abought it.
I new once I looked at it that it was an original .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts