Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this image lately. Ford built at least one for this print ad UNLESS it was "photoshopped" originally. Does anyone have any info on it ?? I'm curious. It looks awesome IMO. Dean

I

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
I don't specially remember that however that doesn't mean they weren't made. These vans were wildly popular both in commercial and private use. It would have had a regular 302 though. Probably a dealer option.

I would love to have a 68-74 van.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did they let kids drive in the early seventies? I count 12 passengers in the seating diagram in the ad lol.

·
Registered
135 Posts
"Ford has a crazy idea" didn't look right to me (their slogan was "Ford has a better idea") so a bit of googling shows this is a clever parody of an actual ad...

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, 69RavenConv has to be correct that this is a phony ad. Thanks for the detective work !

·
Registered
805 Posts
On the Justacarguy site is says that is a parody made by an artist called Jeff Allison. Have any of you really read the headline of the ad? Ford Motor Comapany. 😁

·
Registered
68 Hardtop
62 Posts
How about this one?

Though its more of a GT40 than a Boss, and you might have trouble fitting 12 people in it...

·
Registered
391 Posts
On the Justacarguy site is says that is a parody made by an artist called Jeff Allison. Have any of you really read the headline of the ad? Ford Motor Comapany. 😁
I know Jeff and used to work with him years ago before he pursued his dream as a full time artist. Great guy and a serious gearhead, that ad is right up his alley. He did a Christmas cover for the Speedway catalog a few years ago and sells shirts there also. Good guy, check out his other work sometime, especially if your an Ed Roth fan and of that era.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Suggesting you put 12 kids in a panel van with no windows? Sounds like a psycho fit for a Dirty Harry movie, just sayin'...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Suggesting you put 12 kids in a panel van with no windows? Sounds like a psycho fit for a Dirty Harry movie, just sayin'...
Been there& did that. When my kids were small we used a 76 cargo van to pull our pop up camper or boat to the lake that was'nt so bad but get it full of the cousins & yeah. And no the only seats& belts were the two captions chairs long before mandated seat belts for everyone but we all made it to now. Funny thing about that 351 no matter how fast,slow ,empty or pulling a big load it always got the same 10 miles per gallon but it could get you there in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
10,814 Posts
Back in the 70's a guy in south mississippi had a maverick with a boss 302. Yes it was a boss 302. He said he ordered it like that. I didnt believe him at the time but who knows, its possible.

·
Premium Member
11,519 Posts
He said he ordered it like that. I didnt believe him at the time...
I wouldn't believe him now either. If a G code Maverick ever rolled off the assembly line don't you know the car magazines and TV shows would be all over it, like the single '71 Boss 302. He may have bought an F code Maverick and paid the dealership to install a B2 engine.

·
Premium Member
10,814 Posts
I wouldn't believe him now either. If a G code Maverick ever rolled off the assembly line don't you know the car magazines and TV shows would be all over it, like the single '71 Boss 302. He may have bought an F code Maverick and paid the dealership to install a B2 engine.
not in a tiny town in south mississippi. this was in the 70's and the maverick probably blode up and went to the crusher. He use to street race it and it was also his daily driver. It could have been a dealer installed option

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,397 Posts
Some odd stuff happened back then but this one seems pretty unlikely. Just going by the numbers, Ford only made Boss 302's in 1969-70 and the '70 Mavericks didn't have a V8 option. They didn't get 302's until 1971.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts