Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my landlord owns this 69 boss 302 along with about 50 other rare cars he will never get around ot restoring and they all are in bad need of restoring. i'm think of of trying to buy the boss and need to come up with an offer. he swears he will never sell anything buy he's 63 and i think i can persuade him to sell this. the floor pans,frame and trunk floors are good. the left rear quarte panel and rocker panel are rusted real bad and need replacing. he has the boss 302 engine here at the house. a 351c 4v engine sits in it right now. he has the front cap and all the interior pieces. what would be a good price to offer ? i am NOT interested in buying the car to make money off of. i only want it to put back stock and drive for fun. i do everything except machine work myself.

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
If that's a G code, and he'll throw in the BOSS engine, it's gotta be worth at least 10 grand.

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its a "G" code. i was helping him rearrange cars at his storage yard today and took these 2 fotos with my camera phone. the entire dash board and gauges are gone but everthing else is there. i need to find out if the 69 skirt cracking pistons were replaced. the hardest part is going to be getting him to sell it. this guy has a one of a kind 65 merc with a 427 in it. he has several mid 60's merc with 427's. he has 3 panteras, a boss 429 mustang thats in pieces, 3 68 cougars with factory 427's , several edsels, merc cyclones , 50 cars in all and ALL are rusting away outside and need to be restored. he said he hasnt driven the boss 302 in 25 years and thats how it has sat for the last 25 years outside in the weather with all 50 cars !!! hes one of those guys that buys stuff to restore but never does and says he will never sell. i have a slight advantage. i'm the only ford guy he knows. i rent a small house on the same lot next to his. he has ben watching me build my 65 mustang. b 4 he told me he had a boss 302 i showed him fotos of my dads 69 boss 302 and told him how my dad sold it back in the early 1990's and never told me he was selling it and how i would have bought it. so he knows i would like to have a boss 302. well i'm gonna give it a shot and try to talk him into selling it to me. i think i'll offer 8 and ease up to 10 if he says no. the body of the car really needs some work.

·
I won a special award
7,411 Posts
Off topic a bit, I've seen you say the only thing keeping this car from being a true Boss is the VIN. I just noticed something else. It has the small block non-Boss shock towers. Don't get me wrong. It's still a nice car. Just something I noticed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
this guy has a one of a kind 65 merc with a 427 in it. he has several mid 60's merc with 427's. he has 3 panteras, a boss 429 mustang thats in pieces, 3 68 cougars with factory 427's , several edsels, merc cyclones ,
Oh, man...depending on condition that could be quite a find.

If he needs help disposing of the Pantys I'm sure I can find someone to help out.

I'm sure the Boss 429 is worth far more than I could ever envision even if it weren't much more than a VIN attached to a piece of rust.

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not quite , but the cowl is rusted some. it needs a new left side due to rust > entire rocker and quarter panel. i didnt pull up what was left of the carpet but its ben otside in the rain and the drivers door is not on the car. i asked if he has the drivers door and he said its at his old house that burned down. the car stuff wasnt burned.

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

If he needs help disposing of the Pantys I'm sure I can find someone to help out.

I'm sure the Boss 429 is worth far more than I could ever envision even if it weren't much more than a VIN attached to a piece of rust.
its a real boss 429 he bought back in the 70's. it was tubbed and chopped and class dragged raced by the po. he said when they sold it to him they kept the drag race engine and the original boss 429 engine came with the car. the engine is down in the garage below me. i asked what kind of engine they dragged raced with but he doesnt remember. the b429 mustang needs complete restoration.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wait, is this a true Boss 302 or not?
You said its a G code car, but Maxum96's post says you said the VIN indicates its not a true Boss?
If its a true Boss, then post some more photos and we can help you assess its value a bit more closely. Does it have staggered rear shocks, reinforced shock towers, etc?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Get yourself a good digital camera and snap away - this could be very interesting to look at. Dig deep and buy the boss. Where is the 302 motor?

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wait, is this a true boss 302 or not?
You said its a g code car, but maxum96's post says you said the vin indicates its not a true boss?
i never said any such thing ! Read my original post ^

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wait, is this a true Boss 302 or not?
You said its a G code car, but Maxum96's post says you said the VIN indicates its not a true Boss?
If its a true Boss, then post some more photos and we can help you assess its value a bit more closely. Does it have staggered rear shocks, reinforced shock towers, etc?
its a G code 69 mustang. i looked at the vin on both sides of the fender apron. it has reinforced shock towers. its the real thing. first thing i gotta do is try to talk my ladlord into selling it. IF IF IF and IF he says he will then i'll make my offer. 10G's tops is all i can pay for it.

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get yourself a good digital camera and snap away - this could be very interesting to look at. Dig deep and buy the boss. Where is the 302 motor?
the car in in a back woods private car storage yard 100 miles from me. i cant buy a digital camera when i have an exelent pentax 35mm camera.

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

he said he doesnt want to sell anything BUT i am going to try to talk him into selling the boss 302 mustang to me. yes i am going to try. i live in a small house next to his house , i rent from him. i see him almost everyday. all i goota do if he says no is say "so have you changed your mind about seeilung me the boss 302 mustang" everyday when i see him. its probably gonna take some work. i dont plan on moving anytime soon. the worst he can do is tell me to "shut the hell up" !! well i will ask him tomarrow morning when i see him !!!!

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Where (as in what state) is all this in?
that i'm not telling. but id do live in the southwest. i have posted my location on here before. for me to tell people where this stuff is would be in violation to my agreement with my landlord and also the safety of my mustang and torino and other parts that i have. i have had stuff stolen over the years. i met this guy about 10 years ago at a hot rod hangout. we would shoot the breeze cause we were about the only ford guys amongst the chebbys and slopars crowd. i lost contact with him for about 5 years. during that time his other house burned down and he built this house along with a large 1 beroom house above the garage. about 2 years ago i went looking for a 67 fairlane and was reintorduced to this guy. we were talking and i told him i was lloking for a house to rent where i could work on my stuff without any problem from the landlord. at the same time time he was lloking for a trustworthy person to rent this house out to. he asked me if i would like to rent this. i have use of 1 side of a veryt large garage so i said yes. i dont tell people i know about some of the stuff thats here. like i typed above i have had a lot of car stuff stolen some by my own f n theiving brother. yeah my brother stole a spare toplaoder i had and was trying to sell it. one of his friends happened to mention it to me !!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dang dude, sounds like my brother, too. But, kid's got a pretty expensive drug habit (hey, weed gets pricey in the amounts he smokes). Sorry about the Toploader!

·
I won a special award
7,411 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dang dude, sounds like my brother, too. But, kid's got a pretty expensive drug habit (hey, weed gets pricey in the amounts he smokes). Sorry about the Toploader!
i hunted my brother down and got my toploader back and took care of some whoop ace business. another friend i grew up with had his brother steal from him !

1 - 20 of 49 Posts