Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Well it lives but I want to tune it better. I started by using a factory dual point. I set the points at .020 and when I did the dwell it read 28 degrees. So I rechecked the points again now one was at .018 and the other at .020. Knowing that 30to33 deg dwell was a factory setting I put the secondary point set to 18. Now I had 30deg dwell but the motor is still a little lazy, of course I have NO vac advance pulged in so I know the centifical might be alittle behind, anyway with a vac gauge on the manifold, not the carb I was reading 7 LBS vac. I advanced the timing trying to get manifold vac up. I stopped at 16btc and all I can get is 10 lbs vac. I need to know what is normal for these motors. I still have to readjust the valves but I have NEVER had to do a running motor like the ford manual says, but that plie of S*&T, it doesn't even show the boss motor in the specs. What is the 411? If I start the motor and get it hot then adjust the valves static what should it be set to. I'm at .018 cold, will this cause the motor to be lazy without giving it 16deg advance. I know it should help the manifold vac if they are tight. Any suggestions.
BTW: I just my boss supplement booklet and it states:
cold valve lash .022
point gap .021
6 deg btdc timing (No Vac)

·
Registered
71 Posts
IT LIVEs. thet ther'e shore sounds like sumthin which crwaalled out'o the black boggy swamp donw beRlow podunk N rock creEk juctiun a"Whi\Le back.
I don't thank i"d try tune'in it up jist a hole lot cause hit might turn on you'ins!.
If' it does i recermend grabbin it round the throttle body N thow'N it jist as fer as you'in kin and thin light a mtahce to it.
[email protected][/b]
::

1 - 2 of 2 Posts