Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My internetless friend bought a BOSS '9 out of a junk yard a few years ago. He's getting ready to re assemble the car in this coming year.

BOSS '9 had different upper control arms and he is trying to figure out the difference. He's been told that stocl arms can be modified to work. Does anyone know how to do this mod? We are clueless, we know it can be done but we need demensions and such of an original and possibly some pis. If anyone can give us a slight clue we'd apperciate it. Thanks.

One other question, Where is the correct location for the hood scoop? How far from the rear edge of the hood will probably be enough. He wants the correct measurement not where it looks good. He wants to get this as close to BOSS as possible although it will never really be one again.

Thanks for any help at all.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, If anyone has a KK number and a VIN they want to sell him LMK. The car was stripped bare bones and it looks like a failed race car project. The KK numbers are gone as well as the Dash and Fender apron VIN's. Anyone know where else to ID this car from?

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I'm not a Boss '9 guru, so please forgive what may be a dumb question......Other than the body mods that Kar Kraft did to the Boss 429, if the KK numbers and tags are gone how does your pal know it's really a genuine Boss 429?

And BTW, swapping a tag or VIN from one car to another is known as a rebody, and is widely considered illegal or at least unethical. Dickson

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well W/o numbers you are right he cannot prove it's a Boss '9. That isn't his concern. The things car kraft did were very different to what stock mustangs were. It's very easy to tell by the shock towers that it's the real thing. It also has staggered shocks in the rear. If you saw it in person you'd know too. No one would've spent that much time making all the welds right and every little detail perfect for nothing. At least I don't think they would and the give up. Who knows the real story for sure? Not me. This isn't a car he intends to sell ever. So I'm not concerned about the rebody of his mach nor do I think anyone would really complain since his mach was a 351 2bbl nothing special car. Thanks for the replys so far. Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts