Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbup: I drove ~8 hours roundtrip to look at and eventually purchase a 1969 Mach 1 today. I've looked at plenty of mustangs and this one is as original as I've ever seen. It is an H code car with all original body panels with the exception of the hood and the right front trim piece. All of the original tags are still in place (engine, buck tag, transmission, etc.). The guy I bought it off of owned it only 3 months, but he bought it off of the owner since 1973. I have all of the receipts for inspections that the previous owner had done, including the hood repair that says "repair from hitting f***ing deer". It has 94k original miles. The only rust on the car that I could find was some bubbles in the outer door skins. The previous owner drove it fairly often until recently, but kept it in a garage. I'll post some pictures later.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
My question is, if that's what the deer were doing why couldn't the guy steer around them?

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
were they consenting adult deer? ;)

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
This reminds me of an old joke about an indian kid asking how his name was selected......

·
Registered
612 Posts
Wasnt the M code the smallest engine offered on the mach package?

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
goatholes said:
Wasnt the M code the smallest engine offered on the mach package?
Nope, 69-70, H-code 351 was the base engine.

71-73, F-code 302 was base engine.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Oh deer... (sorry, couldn't resist) :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I figured it out. Here is one picture of the car.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii141/howardrigsby/Mustang_4_Sale002.jpg

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
looks like the passenger door has been repainted and/or replaced, otherwise looks like a very nice car!

·
Registered
283 Posts
WOW- that Mustang reminds me of my friends in high school! His car was one the main reasons I got Mustang fever. That looks like a great, unmolested 69 you bought. Have a great time restoring it!
Joe

·
Registered
433 Posts
That looks like a very nice car,take good care of it or else :p

·
Administrator
19,530 Posts
Very nice! More pictures, please. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just noticed that it has the GT hubcaps, like another '69 mach 1 of the same color I saw in a Ford promo picture--does anybody know if there was a documented practice of Mach 1's getting GT hubcaps?

Pretty interesting anyway.

Great find, congrats!

-Joseph Knight

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
was a documented practice of Mach 1's getting GT hubcaps?
yes, but only if it's late at night and the lights are off in the house ....sssshhhhh!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Charles,

Yes, I've been wanting another for a long time since I sold my 68 gt 390 before the eleanor craze set in and ruined prices. I need to talk to you about finding a local paint shop. email me at [email protected]

I'll post some more pictures once the car arrives.

Going off of memory the car had
351 2v engine
fmx transmission
3.00 axle ratio (non limited slip)
black interior with red accents
champagne gold color with mach 1 hood treatment
power steering, disc brakes, air conditioning,
non fold down seat

The interior is in good original condition with a few tears in the seats and door panels, nothing major. The dash is not cracked. The console is in excellent shape. Has what appears to be the original trunk mat with the spare tire mounted in the trunk with an extra argent wheel matching the chrome ones on the car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts