Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Johnpro and I got my newly purchased 67 coupe to the shipping terminal Friday. It should arrive by Sept 3. I am using DAS and I will let everyone know how this turns out. Oh and one last thing....

Thanks John...I couldn't have done it without you!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Kieth,
I used DAS a couple of years ago for my fastback. No problems, they seemed to be an okay company. Hope they work out for you.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yeah, well I used DAS a few years ago to ship my ZR-1 from Florida to Las Vegas. They ran it too close to the ramp and scarred up my wheels and tires on the right side, then backed it into a fence when unloading and scraped the right rear fender. All the damage was documented by the receiving terminal. When I tried to make a claim DAS saod I had only $250 in insurance coverage...and THAT was subject to a $100 deductible. In the very, very fine print of the contact was some obscure language referring to something they called "tariff charges" that turned out to be their code for "insurance". They refused to pay any more than $150.

EVERY good shipper provides 100% insurance coverage AT NO CHARGE...contrary to what DAS claimed. They wanted extra money ($2-3-400) for the "tariffs" that was actually an insurance.

If you didn't pay extra for insurance, then your car could be stolen or totalled and you won't get sh*t. If you DID pay extra for insurance, you got ripped off. Either way, you should tell them you want to cancel the contract unless THEY provide the insurance for free.

READ THE CONTRACT VERY CAREFULLY!.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the situation with older project cars...insurance will only pay for the "book value" of the car. With my regular insurance policy, I automatically have a 30 day policy (at no charge) which will pay for the book value of the car. Even with the insurance from the shippers, the value will only be book value. I am starting to dislike the words "book value".

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts