Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well as many of you already know I tried to make it, but the gremlins got me. Made it partway there and my balancer decided to part ways with the crankshaft. Needless to say im not happy and the engine builder has some explaing to do. Thanks to Jerry and the rest of the guys in the "CONVOY" for stopping calling a tow truck and hanging out fo awhile on the side of rt. 45. Oh yeah and finding my balancer! I guess it will be the only trophy I get today a piece of junk to put on the shelf. Anyway hope you guys win in your classes. MIKE

·
Registered
879 Posts
It was anotrher great show. Sorry to hear about your problems. You would have definetly placed in your class. Not only does your cay look great, but the were no other Boss' today. Darrel, Jason, Randy, Paul, Dennis, and Merlyn placed. The club won an award for most participation.
I am sorry if I left any one else out. I am sure Jason will have a more complete post.
Great time, and not so bad weather!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I'd say your engine builder has some explaining to do! Hope their wasn't any damage to to engine or any other part of your car when it let loose.

Another great show put on by NMC. Rained for about an hour but was pretty much a slow steady drizzle. Gave us all a chance to wash our cars... Didn't get sticky until the sun came out after the rain.

There was a bad accident just south of KKK on 45. I counted at least six ambulances coming from it, two still on the scene. Both cars involved were mangled. My prayers go out to the victims.

It was great to finally meet up with you guys. Almost made me wish I lived closer to Chicago <NOT!>. Great bunch of people! Thanks for inviting me for the group pictures.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Another excellent show put on by the folks at NMC. Great turnout, lots of door prizes and trophies, and of course plenty of great looking cars. We lucked out with the weather as it looked much worse on radar before breaking up as it approached Northeastern Illinois.

Our group swept the 67-68 "closed" class which had ten entries. Randy took top honors again this year with Jack and I close behind. There were several other very nice cars in the group.

The toughest class as far as I could see was the 69-70 "closed" that Dennis took first place in. There were lots of nice cars to pick from in that group. I am sure there were other tough classes as well.

Congrats to all. I'll get some photos up soon.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great car show... Looks like the group took home plenty of trophies this year...One of these days I'll actually register ( with only 3 shelby's its kinda hard not to win). I enjoy going to the show and looking at the car's...my car is more of a driver and I'm really impressed with the work that you guys have put into your cars. May have to rethink about working on the car to improve it. Wish we took a picture of 7 guys standing on RT 45 looking at Mike's harmonic balancer on the ground (69 Boss 302)..Sure the people driving past us were wondering what was up. Mike was a trooper and showed up later to view the show. Good to meet some more VMF'ers for the first time as well. Used to have a 69 Mach, so was partial to Jim's and Dennis's car's, which were both quite nice. If I only could win the lottery!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Very nice show indeed.
It was nice to meet some new members and thier cars.

Congrats to the club and all trophy winners.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my car as well.
There were 13 cars in my class, and alot of nice Mach 1s.
I was a little worried with having three other 428 Cobra Jets in my class that were all very nice. (I think having the only 4-speed may have helped me out some.)

Now for the sad news.(For me anyway.)
I did something I told myself never to do, I figured out the gas mileage for the 428. :(
Keep in mind these were mostly highway miles.
Is everyone sitting down........

!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 MPG !!!!!!!!!!!!

That comes out to $70 in gas for the trip.
I am going to have to buy a trailer if I ever make it out to the Corn Feed. (It would be cheaper than driving. :) )

·
Registered
264 Posts
Excellent show every year! It's a nice relaxing drive (for most of us)and a casual day. Thanks to everyone for voting for my car. This was actually the first show I've gone to this year. Sunday is my only day off and I hate to give it up & just sit all day, not to mention the heat. I'm also in the middle of building a 68 Charger that is taking more time than I planned on. It was a pleasure to meet everyone and thanks again for the votes!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dropped the motor off at the engine rebuilder that rebuilt it for me during the restoration. We shall see what happens. I can slide the balancer all the way on and off by hand. I REALLY hope they make this right. Anyway wish me luck!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts