Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a A code 67 fastback shell, I bought a while ago, that I just got on a rack. I am curious about this bracket to see if this is the dual exhaust brackets that I have heard about. It is bolted to the frame rail just behind the axle snubbers. If so, were these normal on all A codes in 67? Does it mean anything more like it was a GT or anything? I haven't got to the point to order a full Marti report yet. Just thought some of you guys could help me out. The bullit proportioning valve is still in the rear of the car also. Thanks for any replies.

bracket

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is the last picture on the first page.
I think I found a pic of them in NPD and if so, it is exhaust hangers. Does anyone know any of the answers to the other questions?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I checked my 67 S-code fastback, and didn't see any brackets similar or otherwise to the one you pictured. The front dual exhaust hangers were just above the rear center seat belt mounts. The rear mounts were on the rear frame rails not far from the end of the tail pipes. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I'm no expert by any means, but it looks like one of the two brackets used to hold the single transverse muffler in place. The dual exhaust brackets that I've seen mount to the floor on the back of the rear seat riser just in front of the axle.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Doesn't look like the factory dual exhaust brackets on my 67 Shelby. On set on the floor pans, one set on the rear frame rails just in front of the rear shackles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts