Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a little problem the other day when the mechanical oil gauge line got against the exhaust manifold. Well now I have a project to work on this weekend. My question is where can I get some braided hose for the line that is heat resistant in case the line gets on the exhaust manifold again. Would settle for some that just goes over the line.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Pep Boys has it, It is the size you would use for vaccum lines. I think Autozone has it also.

G

·
0 Posts
Auto meter sells a nice kit with -3 A.N line and -4 ends pre made in either 4 or 6 feet. It also comes with fittings to adapt it to most gauges and blocks. This is the easy way if you wanna make the line yourself you can find the line and hose ends at any decent speed shop.

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
FYI, Braided line does have some heat resistant qualities but through conduction will cause damage to the inside rubber hose. The problem with braided hose is there is no way to tell when the internal hose is damaged or coming apart. The industry recommends replacing all braided hoses used in an automotive application every 10 years. The heat resistant covering would be my recommendation used on headers, plug wires, etc

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
what about copper? im not experienced in this but ive seen the tube at the auto parts store

G

·
0 Posts
1/8" coper tubing, cheap fix. I already have about $2300 worth of braided on my drag car, it gets old buying all that NHRA crap. That's how I run all mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts