Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have Stainless Steel braided lines on their Mustang for the Granada front swap - 2 lines, and the Lincoln Versailles rear - 3 lines. I am thinking of getting a set from Trans Am Racing. The rear 3 lines are 210.00 for the set and you have to send in your old lines for re-use of one of the fittings. No one else seems to make any opf these lines. Anyone ever bought any? Also, does anyone have an old set of rear lines for a Lincoln Versailles they want to get rid of? I would like to get new lines made with out disabling my daily driver while they are being made. Anyone want to sell some rotted out old Versailles rear lines? Thanks, Kory

·
Registered
168 Posts
I do! I did the front but I haven't gotten to single rear line on the back of my '67. I ended up ordering thru Earl's or Russels website the hose and adaptors. I will have to find the order sheet if you need the part numbers. Just let me know or check out the websites.

The man who runs in front of car gets TIRED. The man who runs behind car gets EXHAUSTED.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I built my own lines for my Granada swap out of bulk material...I imitated the stock granada routing with bulk 3/16" line (pre-flared w/ fittings) and used Earl's 14" pre-made -3 lines and two SAE adaptors for the soft lines. It wasn't hard at all. You could do the same for the rear using Earl's pre made lines and using the existing hard line clips on the rear...use a piece of split hose to cushion the hose in the clips or if you have threaded holes available use Adel clamps.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up calling Earls, Russell, inline, classic, etc...no one makes the lines. A few places said they would make them if I sent in my old lines..I wass like no way, I drive the car every day. I finally found a place that Currie told me about. Not only can they make the lines, they were very fimiliar with the axle and the line set up and it was only 55.00 for the rear set. Now thats a deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts