Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used one of these power brake bleeders? I saw this in my MCA magazine Brake Bleeder Kit. I always hate bleeding brakes and thought this would be a great aid when I have to do it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
A friend of mine works for a tool manufacturer and swears by those things. I think they are the same as what he's told me about since the talk about a pump, rather than a vacuum.

Personally, I'm too cheap, so I just have speed bleeder valves in my cars. The speed bleeders make bleeding the brakes quick, easy and mess free, even when bleeding the brakes by yourself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
6+ feet of vacuum hose, quick disconnect hose clamps (inline fuel filter type), speed-bleeder type valve (part of cheap 1man brake bleeder kit) & a beer bottle is the most hassle free method i've found

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
that looks like something you'd get if you do a lot of diff cars, but i'd figure the next best thing would be the speed bleeder things... although i'm still to cheap to get those and just get my mom or whoevers in the house to help me out

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
johnpro thanks for the info. I am cheap but just really hate trying to round up another person to help bleed brakes. I will have to look into the speed bleeder valves. If you can do it yourself with those then I am set.

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts