Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most people I'm sure, the majority of the time when I work on the car I am alone, so I'm looking for opinions on which one person brake bleeding tool to get. What is everyone else using to bleed brakes, I see a bunch of products on the web, are any better than others, should any be avoided?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I have had great luck running a hose from the bleeder screw to a jar of brake fluid. Just loosen the bleeder, make sure the end of the hose in the jar is submersed in fluid, and pump away. I also have a mity-vac brake bleeder that works well also, but the hose in a jar trick works well for little money.

Joe

·
Registered
501 Posts
Same technique as Joe69 but I use empty soda bottles with a hole cut in the cap to keep the hose from moving. Fill the bottle with and inch or so of brake fluid and put in the hose. Keep one end submerged the whole time and it won't be able to suck air. I've had major success with this on my 69 brakes many times and my truck's clutch, doing them solo.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I've done the hose into the jar bit, I have a Mighty Vac and I just bought speed bleeders. I like the speed bleeders best and worth the $15.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any tricks for bench bleeding? The master cyliner I bought only came with fitting plugs, not hoses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts