Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have 65 Mustang with Front (13” cobra) and Rear (Summit) disc brake.
After rear brake conversion, lost pedal pressure.
Then i canceled brake distribution block, it works properly now.
What is the impact of brake distribution block cancelation?
What is your suggestion for replacement if it is must
Thanks

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
There would be no difference in function.
The distribution block is a glorified T. Does absolutely nothing but divide/distribute the fluid. So if you had just the front brakes going though the T, and rear brakes plumbed straight to rear and it did not work--You have another issue. Removing the block and it worked good make no sense.
I assume you did install a Dual reservoir master?

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Sounds like the leaking element was removed from the system. The master cylinder only has two outputs, but you need three: Front left, Front right and rear. Which one is no longer hooked up?

·
Registered
397 Posts
There should be two distribution blocks. Since you have two bowls and 4 brakes, you need a distribution block for the front and rear. The front is usually bolted to the fender along side the MC. The rear is located usually on the axle. Which distribution block did you cancel? As Chock says, it doesn't make sense. Without a distribution block you can't be using all 4 brakes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There should be two distribution blocks. Since you have two bowls and 4 brakes, you need a distribution block for the front and rear. The front is usually bolted to the fender along side the MC. The rear is located usually on the axle. Which distribution block did you cancel? As Chock says, it doesn't make sense. Without a distribution block you can't be using all 4 brakes.
Front one

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
I'm guessing you have run the two lines to the front brakes only. The odd part is that in the two bowl system, if one goes out the other is still in play so the pedal should not have gone to the floor. The only thing I can think of is the system was not bled properly. Pictures of your setup will help as well.

·
Registered
639 Posts
That isn't soft copper tubing, I hope.....
Looks like the usual aftermarket brake line used in Europe. It's specific brake line and have been by used by everyone since way back in time. Way more durable than steel lines. The cars wont pass the mandatory safety/emission inspections in my country if there are even the slightest amount of rust anywere on steel brake lines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts