Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you soak a brake distribution block in to remove the sludge and varnish inside the block. I have one off of a 68 and I would like to use this with my Granada disc brake conversion, but it looks to me like there is a pistion of some sort inside this block and I want to make sure it moves properly.

Thanks in advance

G

·
You can use denatured alcohol, acetone, or methyl ethyl ketone, the alcohol is the least offensive to you.
That piston actuates the brake warning lamp when it gets off center. If you don't have or don't want a warning light then you can just ignore it. If you want to hook it to a warning light then there's a bolt tool that will hold it centered when you bleed your brakes.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
If you don't have or don't want a warning light then you can just ignore it.

NO! That's not just for the brake light, the correct name is the diverter valve. If you loose pressure suddenly, the piston in the diverter valve shifts and shuts off fluid flow to either the front or rear, wherever the pressure loss was.

If the BRAKE light is on, you've got two-wheel brakes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.