Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm getting ready to redo the brakes on my 66 coupe, and am having problems finding new drums!!!
Where have you been able to find them? How much have you been paying?
I've looked at PEP BOYS, Auto Zone, and Advanced. They were all clueless. Haven't checked NAPA yet.
TIA
Dan

every man must have a toy
98 Dodge Ram (mobile tool box)
97 Grand Cherokee (family hauler)
66 Coupe 289/c-4 (The Other Woman)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Canadian Mustang seems to have a pretty good deal. Make sure you have 'em turned before you put 'em on.

Black primer 66 coupe, bench seat, 68 302-2V, C-4, 3.55 TSD
879 posts as "66 bench-coupe" on old VMF
robert94928 on Yahoo Messenger

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Have you tried asking for a drum for a later Mustang with the 8" (I'm guessing that's what you have) rear end....maybe 67-70?

If memory serves, they are similar...use your old one as a reference...also, many other Fords/Mercs use similar drums, like the Falcon, Comet, etc...

You can try Parts America online to see what they have....I'm having a bit of trouble with their system this morning...wouldn't let me change vehicle to a '66....

Good luck...

PS, I can't imagine Autozone can't get your drums....also, try a local brake shop...bet they can...

Pat
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1570936&a=11937754&p=42910787.jpg

·
Registered
330 Posts
Try National Parts Depot,They rarely let me down and they are online and open 24/7 at a toll free number.

1965 Mustang coupe
1961 Thunderbird
1983 Monte Carlo Conv.
Yeah, thats right Convertible!!

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
If possible, try to get the steel ones, they are still made but cost a little more than the composites. The composites I have had a lot of trouble with especially with the machine work. The last set I purchased, we had to turn them by .040 inch to get them back to being "square".

Member: Flatheads ain't so bad association
Never trust an over 40 Chevy owner association (They have to cheat to win)
BTW, I ain't no newbee!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts