Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I purchased a L brake hose bracket with D hole to install on my 66 which originally a was a single exhaust car, I welded it in and then proceeded to blast the under carriage, epoxy primed, and painted. I wnet to install the hose today and it will not fit. At first I thought it was the paint; however the part fits no problem into the single exhaust tab. I was about to grab a file and clearance the hole.. then I stated to over analyze... as there is no turning back once I file the part...

Is the D shaped slot there to orient the hose and prevent it from spinning while tightening the brake line only? It is not there to prevent rotation once everything is installed and the spring clip installed. If I file it a little too large or wander a little bit, holding the hose while tightening the line at the hex will be the only issue,

·
Registered
36,500 Posts
Is the D shaped slot there to orient the hose and prevent it from spinning while tightening the brake line only? It is not there to prevent rotation once everything is installed and the spring clip installed. If I file it a little too large or wander a little bit, holding the hose while tightening the line at the hex will be the only issue.
Well, ideally you want a snug fit, but yes, it orients the hose and prevents rotation when you tighten the fitting. I usually put a flare nut wrench on these when tightening anyway. The tricky part is filing the corners of the D.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts